Terrex Seismic considers the protection and promotion of health, safety and the environment (HSE) a fundamental value and corporate responsibility governing all our activities.
We take all reasonable measures at our disposal to protect the health and safety of our personnel and the environment in which we operate.
Terrex Seismic recognises that the effectiveness of a safety system is only as strong as the culture that drives it. We are steadfast in this belief and our commitment to creating and embedding health and safety behaviours within the cultural fabric of our organisation is front of mind in all we do.
As its policy objectives, Terrex Seismic commits to
- Providing a healthy and safe workplace for our employees, contractors and the general public.
- Conducting all operations in such a manner as to minimise their impact on the environment.
- Promoting the protection of all natural and cultural environments that can be affected by our activities.
- Respecting all forms of indigenous and non-indigenous heritage and maintaining cultural heritage values.
- Seeking to continuously improve the efficient use of natural resources and energy through recycling and waste management.
- Regularly review and improve our process to minimise health and safety hazards, negative significant impacts to the environment and prevent pollution.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets for improving our safety and environmental performance.
- Working with our customers, suppliers and employees to seek continual improvement of our activities.
- Complying with legislation and industry codes of practice wherever we conduct business.
Our commitment to protecting people from serious injuries, and a worker’s last line of defense in preventing fatal injuries during higher-risk activities.
Terrex Seismic Safety Essentials (TSEs) have been identified based on analysis of the high energy / high impact tasks that have the potential to cause serious and fatal injuries. They will assist with controlling the most significant risks our people have exposure to:
- Driving Safely
- Loading and Unloading Exclusion Zones (LUEZ)
- Safe Mechanical Lifting
- Working at Height
- Energy Isolation
- Remote Work
- Working in Heat
- Manual Handling
These safety essentials align with our “Safe Today, Safe Tomorrow” mantra, strengthen our corporate safety culture, and communicate our expectations to employees, contractors, and clients.
Systems & compliance
Management of Health, Safety, and the Environment within Terrex Seismic is defined and documented within a larger framework of our overall Corporate Integrated Management System (IMS).
Our IMS is a comprehensive system covering all elements of Health, Safety and Environmental aspects, integrated into a single company wide management system. The integration of these management elements creates a seamless system in which the management of HSE is placed on equal balance with, and incorporated into, other management functions. The IMS assists in facilitating the continuous improvement of the organisations HSE performance.
The Terrex Seismic Integrated Management System meets the requirements of, and is certified
by SAI Global to the following Standards:
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Environment & culture
Terrex Seismic conducts its operations in accordance with Environmental Management Plans (EMP) developed for each survey.
Terrex Seismic is able to assist clients with the development of EMPs for submission to regulatory bodies, ensuring all environmental hazards associated with seismic surveying are identified and adequate controls are implemented to minimise environmental harm.
Terrex Seismic operations personnel are cognisant of the cultural sensitivity in all the areas we operate, and have respect for traditional owners and sites of cultural significance. Our equipment is fitted with modern GPS navigation technology such that areas of environmental or cultural significance can be clearly mapped and avoided during operations. We recognise that actively engaging with Traditional Owners is a vital part of operating in every State and Territory of Australia. We actively work towards continuous improvement of our cultural heritage management system by engaging with and providing opportunities to local Indigenous groups, seeking open and transparent communication and consultation.
As Australia’s most experienced onshore seismic provider, Terrex Seismic has operated in many Australian regions and communities. Terrex Seismic appreciates the good will provided by these communities and it’s value in supporting ongoing exploration.
Terrex Seismic practices socially responsible behaviour and supports host communities in many ways, such as:
- Recruitment of local labour, either directly or through subcontractors.
- Procurement of supplies from local suppliers.
- Use of local accommodation where practical.
- Supporting local businesses within the host communities.
- In-kind or cash support to local non-profit community organisations.
- Drilling of local water bores.
- Maintenance of local infrastructure including improvement of local roads, increasing access, rehabilitation
and mending fences.