Terrex Seismic is Australia’s leading seismic exploration company with over 35 years of continuous operations and expertise in Australia and internationally. We are contracted by companies in the oil & gas, coal, minerals and government sectors to conduct seismic acquisition on their behalf. Our field crews operate from both town and mobile camps in remote areas of throughout Australia.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Mechanic to work on our projects Australia-wide.
The positions will be working alongside our exploration crews and will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance of company mechanical equipment, this may include light and heavy vehicle fleet, earthmoving and seismic plant, trailers and mobile camp
- Attend to equipment breakdowns in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and detect equipment defects
- Provide service and maintenance records to the head mechanic
- Assist in training vehicle and plant operators in general operation and maintenance
- Maintain inventory and order spare parts and consumables as required
- Strong focus on workplace safety
- Mechanical trade qualifications
- Australian Heavy Rigid (HR) driver’s licence
- High risk forklift licence
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and police check
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in maintenance and repair of light and heavy diesel vehicles, earthmoving equipment and trucks
- Mechanical, hydraulic and auto electrical exposure
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Previous remote site experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Standard 11 Mine Safety Induction (Surface)
- Ability to work in harsh conditions and remote areas throughout Australia
The position is fly in/fly out with field rotation varying based on client or individual project requirements but typically 4 weeks on/2 weeks off.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria are requested to submit a resume and cover letter (essential) outlining previous experience in a similar role directly through the link provided or alternatively email email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion on this position, please call Patrick McKee, our Human Resources Manager on (07) 3621 0322.
Join the Terrex Seismic LinkedIn community and follow our news in real time.
51 - 200 Employees
AEGC 2019: Data to Discovery
Terrex Seismic is pleased to be a Silver Sponsor & Exhibitor at the second Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference. The second Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference (AEGC) will be held at the Crown Perth from Monday 2, to Thursday 5, September and is the largest petroleum and mineral geoscience conference in Australasia. The theme for the conference […]
2019 APPEA Conference
Terrex Seismic is proud to be exhibiting at the 2019 APPEA Conference & Exhibition. APPEA is Australia’s pre-eminent oil & gas event run by the industry, for the industry. Representing the latest ideas, innovations and developments, this event sees the annual gathering of the leaders, explorers, producers, suppliers, and educators of industry come together to […]